Established in 1733 Chester Regatta is the oldest rowing event of its kind in the world. Next on 10 June 2017 with an unique format. Spectators free. Hot & cold food & drink sold.
Great prizes including Quart Tankards, Trophies, Medals and Pennants. 2017 Regatta Poster HERE.
Find out more about Chester Regatta 2017 HERE.
Seat fees for Chester Regatta 2017
£9 per seat in Adult and Senior Regatta events
£6 per seat in Junior Regatta events
No charge for coxes.
VOLUNTEERS needed at Chester Regatta on 10 June 2017. Even if you can only spare an hour it will help. Email the Secretary, Jan Chillery by clicking HERE
GET RACE SCHEDULE INFORMATION!
on Regatta day via your smartphone! Updated every
few minutes by Race Control. Go HERE
Listen out for ... Chester Regatta Radio!
Tune in anywhere to hear the commentary at the Regatta - even in Australia! The Public Address during the regatta was broadcast on the internet during racing. Access it from any web browser at:
or under the 'talk' category at the Internet Radio start page. This service is experimental and therefore it may suffer glitches. It will be purely the regatta commentary over the PA system and so there won't be a constant chatter except at busy times. However, rowers and coaches may find the feed to be useful when boating away from the regatta ground. Let us know what you think!
Chester Regatta is a cooperative event by all the rowing clubs on the River Dee in Chester. Everyone involved is a volunteer - including the umpires - so please be nice.
Watch fantastic film footage of the 1901 Chester Regatta HERE and more video links on right ==>>
More history and archive information on this website.
Lost Property: if you lose anything at Chester Regatta email the Secretary HERE
Photographs & newsfeed
Mark In Time Photography HERE
See Chester Chronicle June 2016
Regatta article HERE
See Chester Chronicle 2015
post-Regatta article HERE
pre-Regatta article HERE
come to chester regatta -
Great RIVER, great location, INNOVATIVE & CHALLENGING RACING
- 1800m Time Trial processional race downstream
- 750m head to head race, straight and wide
- All for the one £9.00 seat fee!
- Plenty of room to warm up above the start
- Easy boating and lots of rigging space
- Specially engraved Visitors' Victor Ludorum Trophies for most successful Club/School/Uni to keep
- Large tea tent serving bacon/sausage butties, burgers, cake, sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, beer ...
Chester - it's gorgeous!
image from Visit Chester
- Visit the historic city of Chester - bus / walk / car it. See here for travel info
- Walk the Roman Walls, visit the 13th century Cathedral
- Shop in the famous and unique 'Rows' - medieval half timbered galleries making a street above the street to keep the posh people out of the rain and mud!
- Great cafes and pubs
- Plenty of hotels from budget to 5* or ask us about camping. Stay and make a weekend of it!
- Follow link to tourist information at Visit Chester