Established in 1733 Chester Regatta is the oldest rowing event of its kind in the world. Next to be held on 11 June 2016. Regatta poster HERE
Spectators free. Hot & cold food & drink sold.
Chester Regatta 2016 will build on the innovative and well-received 2015 format - truly exciting ANY BOAT RACES ANY BOAT - ranked by speed only! Great prizes including Quart tankards. No points!
Find out more HERE
If you would like to get involved with Chester Regatta, please email the Secretary, Jan Chillery by clicking HERE
Watch fantastic film footage of the 1901 Chester Regatta HERE and more video links on right ==>>
Chester Regatta 2015
Time Trial results can be downloaded HERE
Adult Events results HERE
Junior Events results HERE
The "Most Appreciated Coach at Chester Regatta 2015" was Martin Chandler of Trafford BC
Martin received this specially engraved pewter
Competitors' Information 2015 is HERE
Information for 2016 will be uploaded shortly.
Be smart - visit http://regatta.pro-networks.co.uk/
on Regatta day to view Race Schedule updated every few minutes.
Chester Regatta is a cooperative event by all the rowing clubs on the River Dee in Chester. Everyone involved is a volunteer - including the umpires - so please be nice.
come to chester regatta -
Great RIVER, great location, INNOVATIVE & CHALLENGING RACING
- 1800m Time Trial processional race downstream
- 750m head to head race, straight and wide
- All for the one £9.00 seat fee!
- Plenty of room to warm up above the start
- Easy boating and lots of rigging space
- Specially engraved Visitors' Victor Ludorum Trophies for most successful Club/School/Uni to keep
- Large tea tent serving bacon/sausage butties, burgers, cake, sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, beer ...
Chester - it's gorgeous!
image from Visit Chester
- Visit the historic city of Chester - bus / walk / car it. See here for travel info
- Walk the Roman Walls, visit the 13th century Cathedral
- Shop in the famous and unique 'Rows' - medieval half timbered galleries making a street above the street to keep the posh people out of the rain and mud!
- Great cafes and pubs
- Plenty of hotels from budget to 5* or ask us about camping. Stay and make a weekend of it!
- Follow link to tourist information at Visit Chester