Established in 1733 Chester Regatta
The Oldest Regatta
in the World
Saturday 8 June 2019
River Dee, Sandy Lane, Chester, CH3 5UL.
Hot & cold food & drink sold all day.
Free for spectators.
New sponsors welcome - contact the Secretary HERE
Click HERE for our
2019 Regatta Poster
Always proud of our heritage, here's our 1819 poster from 200 years ago
Who will win our
quart pots for all senior winners at chester 2019
ON THE RECORD....
Chester Chronicle May 2019 HERE
Chester Chronicle June 2018 HERE
Chester Chronicle June 2017 HERE
Chester Chronicle June 2016 HERE
Chester Chronicle 2015
post-Regatta article HERE
pre-Regatta article HERE
come to chester regatta -
Great RIVER, great location, HISTORICAL EVENT & CHALLENGING RACING
- 750m head to head race, straight and wide
- Plenty of room to warm up above the start
- Easy boating and lots of rigging space
- Specially engraved Visitors' Victor Ludorum Trophies for most successful Club/School/Uni to keep
- Large tea tent serving bacon/sausage butties, burgers, cake, sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, beer ...
Chester - it's gorgeous!
image from Visit Chester
- Visit the historic city of Chester - bus / walk / car it. See here for travel info
- Walk the Roman Walls, visit the 13th century Cathedral
- Shop in the famous and unique 'Rows' - medieval half timbered galleries making a street above the street to keep the posh people out of the rain and mud!
- Great cafes and pubs
- Plenty of hotels from budget to 5* or ask us about camping. Stay and make a weekend of it!
- Follow link to tourist information at Visit Chester