Established in 1733 Chester Regatta is the oldest regatta in the world. Next in June 2018. Spectators free. Hot & cold food & drink sold. Sponsors contact the Regatta Secretary by EMAIL thank you.
Results of Chester Regatta 2017 HERE
CR2017 Photographs HERE
Send us your CR2017 photos by Twitter @Chesterregatta or Facebook
By public vote, the MOST APPRECIATED COACH AT CHESTER REGATTA 2017 was Daz Barton of Trentham BC! Lots of coaches were nominated and we thank all volunteers for their priceless effort.
GET UP-TO-DATE RACE SCHEDULE INFORMATION! HERE
Get Chester Regatta Radio HERE
The Public Address during Chester Regatta will be broadcast on the internet. This service will be purely the regatta commentary and so there won't be a constant chatter except at busy times. However, rowers and coaches may find the feed to be useful when boating away from the regatta ground. Let us know what you think!
Thank you our sponsors who include:
Aaron & Partners Solicitors
Morris & Co
One City Place Chester
Rofft Developments 2000 Ltd
Tweed Nuttall Warburton Architects
Royal Chester Trust
And Cheshire West & Chester Council, particularly Cllr Razia Daniels (Lord Mayor of Chester and Admiral of the Dee), Cllr Neil Sullivan and Cllr Alex Black.
Chester Regatta is a cooperative event by all the rowing clubs on the River Dee in Chester. Everyone involved is a volunteer - including the umpires - so please be nice.
Find out more about Chester Regatta 2017 HERE
Watch fantastic film footage of the 1901 Chester Regatta HERE and more video links on right ==>>
More history and archive information on this website.
Lost Property: if you lose anything at Chester Regatta email the Secretary HERE
ON THE RECORD....
See Chester Chronicle June 2016
Regatta article HERE
See Chester Chronicle 2015
post-Regatta article HERE
pre-Regatta article HERE
come to chester regatta -
Great RIVER, great location, INNOVATIVE & CHALLENGING RACING
- 1800m Time Trial processional race downstream
- 750m head to head race, straight and wide
- All for the one £9.00 seat fee!
- Plenty of room to warm up above the start
- Easy boating and lots of rigging space
- Specially engraved Visitors' Victor Ludorum Trophies for most successful Club/School/Uni to keep
- Large tea tent serving bacon/sausage butties, burgers, cake, sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, beer ...
Chester - it's gorgeous!
image from Visit Chester
- Visit the historic city of Chester - bus / walk / car it. See here for travel info
- Walk the Roman Walls, visit the 13th century Cathedral
- Shop in the famous and unique 'Rows' - medieval half timbered galleries making a street above the street to keep the posh people out of the rain and mud!
- Great cafes and pubs
- Plenty of hotels from budget to 5* or ask us about camping. Stay and make a weekend of it!
- Follow link to tourist information at Visit Chester