Established in 1733 Chester Regatta is the oldest regatta in the world. Next on June 2019 at Sandy Lane CH3 5EU. Hot & cold food & drink sold all day. Results of Chester Regatta 2018 HERE
most appreciated coach cr2018 prize!
By popular vote the MOST APPRECIATED COACH AT CHESTER REGATTA 2018 was Richard Cox of QPHSRC who received a specially engraved brass "Henley" megaphone, kindly donated by F-QUACCS, the Friends of Quiet and Considerate Coaches!
Past winners are Daz Barton of Trentham BC, Andy Turner of GRC, Martin Chandler of Trafford RC and James Carew of MTS BC.
Other nominees in 2018 were David Yates of Lancaster Royal Grammar RC (who came a close second!), Peter Jarvis of RCRC, Patrick Stevens of MTSBC, Laura Helen Cruxton of Trentham BC, Ben Newell of QPHSRC, Peter Webster of North Staffs BC, Stuart Gillies of Rex RC, Geoff Wynne of RCRC, Tommy Reeves of RCRC, Gael Tavernier of Runcorn RC, Robert Audas of Grosvenor RC and Mike Palamarczuk of RCRC.
We heard lots of praise and thanks about these coaches in the nomination process. We would like to pass on a great big THANK YOU to all coaches and volunteers out there - well done all - you are loved.
Thank you our 2018 supporters who include:
Aaron & Partners Solicitors
Fisher German, Chester
Rofft Developments 2000 Ltd
Nicol Hughes Foodservice
Mason Owen Property Consultants
Joinsons Butchers of Chester
Tweed Nuttall Warburton Architects
Royal Chester Trust
Jeremy & Jenny Lloyd
Rodney Witter & F-QUACCS
Miss Bessie Belcher
And Cheshire West & Chester Council, particularly Cllr Alex Black (Lord Mayor of Chester and Admiral of the Dee), High Sheriff of Chester Cllr Stuart Parker and Sheriff's Lady Cllr Margaret Parker.
Chester Regatta is a cooperative event by all the rowing clubs on the River Dee in Chester. Everyone involved is a volunteer - including the umpires - so please be nice.
Find out more about Chester Regatta 2018 HERE
Watch fantastic film footage of the 1901 Chester Regatta HERE and more video links on right ==>>
More history and archive information on this website.
Lost Property: if you lose anything at Chester Regatta email the Secretary HERE
quart pots for all senior winners at cr2018
ON THE RECORD....
Chester Chronicle June 2018 tbc
Chester Chronicle June 2017 HERE
Chester Chronicle June 2016 HERE
Chester Chronicle 2015
post-Regatta article HERE
pre-Regatta article HERE
come to chester regatta -
Great RIVER, great location, INNOVATIVE & CHALLENGING RACING
- 750m head to head race, straight and wide
- Plenty of room to warm up above the start
- Easy boating and lots of rigging space
- Specially engraved Visitors' Victor Ludorum Trophies for most successful Club/School/Uni to keep
- Large tea tent serving bacon/sausage butties, burgers, cake, sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, beer ...
Chester - it's gorgeous!
image from Visit Chester
- Visit the historic city of Chester - bus / walk / car it. See here for travel info
- Walk the Roman Walls, visit the 13th century Cathedral
- Shop in the famous and unique 'Rows' - medieval half timbered galleries making a street above the street to keep the posh people out of the rain and mud!
- Great cafes and pubs
- Plenty of hotels from budget to 5* or ask us about camping. Stay and make a weekend of it!
- Follow link to tourist information at Visit Chester